Government Degree College Matiari
Government Intermediate Arts College was established in 1975 and up to 1981 this college was running in the Evening Shift at Government Boys High School Matiari.The Classes for Science Group (Pre-Medical & Pre-Engineering) were started in 1981 at its own building, and the Classes for Commerce group were started in 1994.
In 1997 this college was affiliated to Sindh University and the Examinations were conducted for the Degree Classes. In 2005 this college was upgraded to Degree College and the Classes for B.A, B.Sc and B.Com Students were started in 2006.
The College building is situated at the distance of 25 Kilo meters from Hyderabad Sindh to north at National Highway near bus stop of Matiari Town.
The building of College Consists Ten Classrooms, Five Laboratories (Physics Chemistry, Botany,Zoology and Computer), Liberary, Staff room, Office for the ministerial Staff and Office for the Principal.
The College has Masjid, Play ground, Garden, Liberary, fully equipped laboratories and Gymkhana.
The admission policy is prescribed by Government of sindh; as under:-
1. (a) 20% seats on open merit irrespective of District.
(b) 65% of available seats in the college shall be filled in from the candidates from the schools situated within the taluka Matiari.
(c) 10% of the seats shall be filled upon the basis of:-
- Extra curricular activities,including boys scouting.
- Sons, daughters, real brothers and sisters of employees of the Sindh Education Department.
The above admission will be granted strictly on the merit basis within category.
(d) 5% of remaining seats will be filled up in consultation with the Government.
2. The students securing ‘D’ ‘E’ Grade ie., below 50% of marks in the Secondary School Certificate Examination in Science group are not eligible for admission to First Year Science (not even on sports or any other criteria and under any circumstances).
3. The applications for admission must be made on prescribed form attached with the prospectus. This must be accompanied by:-
- One photo stat attested copy of Provisional Certificate of passing last examination.
- One photo stat attested copy of detailed Marks Sheet.
- Eight recent passport size photograph of applicant.
Rules and Regulations:
- Students selected for admission should submit an undertaking for non indulgence in party politics, in pursuance of Supreme Court’s decision on non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/-.
- 75% attendance is compulsory.
- Students are required to wear college uniform.
- No student shall be allowed to leave the college premises before college hours.
- Students should bring their college Identity Card; otherwise they will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Names of the students remaining absent for continuous period of 15 days, shall be struck off from the college roll.
- Punctuality of time will be strictly observed, no student will be allowed in class room after 10 minutes of the start of classes.
Membership of the college library is compulsory. Students are required to submit an application on the prescribed form available from the college library for membership. After the receipt of the application form and other formalities having been fulfilled the Librarian will issue a BORROWER’S CARD to the student members of the library. A member student can borrowthe books under Rs. 10/- only.
Students are required to observe discipline in the strict sense of the word, both within and outside the college. Any breach will render the students liable to expulsion. The Administrative Council reserve the right to be the sole and final authority in all matters pertaining to disciplinary action expulsion, imposition of special fines, interpretation of rules and all the such connected matters.
The college has prescribed uniform (Dark Green Pant and Light Green Shirt along with Dark Green Tie).Students are required to wear the uniform.
Free Text Books:
To increase the enrolment, Free Text Books along with Practical Journals for the Students of Class XI and XII of Science, Commerce and Arts are provided by Sindh Government.
On different Occasions, festivals are celebrated in which activities like debates, seminars, Seerat conference, Quiz competitions, book fair and science fair etc., are performed.
Extra Curricular Activities:
1.Games: Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis and volleyball.
2.Exercise: BodyBuilding, Weight Lifting and Jogging.
For smooth running of college affairs the work is distributed among various committees i.e.
- Admission Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Culture Committee
- Gymkhana Committee
- Development Committee
- Science Committee
- Time Table Committee
- Library Committee
C.M.C. (College Management Committee):
The College Management Committee has been established as per instructions by Education Department Government of Sindh since October 1994.The Committee is performing well for pleasant educational environment of the college.
DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE WILL IMPOSE THE PENALTY on
- Absence from Classes,laboratories and games.
- Without Uniform.